If you are anything like my family, you just adore your pets, they are part of the family, right? However, if you are also a clean freak like me, you will just despise the pet hair all over the place.
To make your purchase for the best pet hair vacuum a little easier I have gathered everything I have learned to create this ultimate guide to buying the best pet hair vacuum cleaner.
- 1 Average Household Vacuums v’s Pet Hair Vacuums
- 2 What to consider when buying the best vacuum for pet hair?
- 3 What are the different types of top vacuums for pet hair?
- 4 Other features to consider when purchasing the best vacuum for animal hair
- 5 The Best Vacuum for Pet Hair 2017
- 5.1 The Best Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 5.2 Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 5.3 Best Handheld Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 5.4 Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 5.5 Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair
Don’t have time to read the full guide? Check out my picks for best rated vacuum for pet hair 2018 in each category:
|Best Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair||Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair||Best Handheld vacuum for pet hair||Best Cordless vacuum for pet hair||Best Robot Vacuum for dog hair|
|Shark Lift-Away TruePet||Electrolux Ultra Flex||Bissell 2133 Blot Pet||Hoover Linx||Neato Botvac|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional||Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover||Hoover Air Bagless||Shark Navigator Freestyle||IRobot Roomba 690|
Average Household Vacuums v’s Pet Hair Vacuums
Before we talk about the best vacuum for pet hair 2018, let’s talk a little about the workings of a vacuum.
The first thing you need to know is that when it comes to pet hair, not all vacuums are created equal. In fact most vacuums are just not designed to effectively suction pet hair at all. For pet hair, particularly in carpet and upholstery, you need a vacuum cleaner that is powerful and comes with fittings that help that suction really get in among the carpet fibers to pull out tangled-in animal hair.
The average household vacuum cleaner just doesn’t cut it because the majority of standard vacuums are fitted with a two-part brush and hose mechanism. Basically, the brush stirs up the dirt before it is sucked up by the hose. This doesn’t work for pet hair, as when the brush attempts to stir up and lift the hair it drives it further into the carpet or just tangles it around the brush head where it becomes very hard work to untangle and remove.
The best vacuum cleaner for pets has a silicon brush as opposed to the soft-hair brushes, specialist attachments and scientifically modified designs that ensure hair is sucked up and does not tangle around the brush. They also they tend to have a more powerful suction and better filtration systems to remove dander from the expelled air, alongside a host of other features to take the hard work out of cleaning up after your pets.
What to consider when buying the best vacuum for pet hair?
I wish it was as easy as me telling you the best pet vacuum cleaner and all you needed to do was purchase it, but it’s not that simple. The best vacuum for pet hair for you, is not necessarily the same for everyone. Maybe you are looking for the best vacuum cleaner for dog hair or the best vacuum for cat hair, maybe your house has carpet floors or hardwood floors.
A good vacuum for pet hair is usually not a cheap purchase either, so this should not be an impulse buy. Let’s take a look at what you need to consider before you go out an buy that vacuum:
1. What is your Budget
The first things you need to decide is price. How much are you willing to spend on this purchase? I know not everyone can afford the best vacuum on the market, but I do recommend you purchase the best vacuum you can possibly afford. I can assure you after personally trying to save money by purchasing multiple cheaper vacuums, that in the end the best cheap vacuum for pet hair, will end up costing you more money in the long run.
2. How often will you use it?
Do you plan on using the vacuum every day? Once a week? If you want to use it every day you may want to look at something a bit smaller and portable that you can store near the main living area that your pooch hangs out in like a cordlessor a hand held vacuum. Perhaps you are better off getting a robot vacuum cleaner because your pet sheds so much hair that you constantly need to vacuum.
3. Where will you use it?
Similar to the last question, perhaps you will only use the vacuum to suck up the pet air in the main living area where the pooch hangs out or the car, so you don’t necessarily need a large vacuum to clean the entire house. If you are only using it for one living area, you may want to consider the size and storability of the vacuum cleaner.
Or perhaps you intend to use it for your car. In that case you want something portable and light easy to carry around.
4. Does your house have carpet, hardwood floors or both?
This is a very important consideration when deciding which is the best vacuum animal hair for you. Are you looking for the best vacuum for pet hair and hardwood floors? Or the best vacuum for pet hair on carpet? If you are like me and have hardwood floors then you need to ensure your vacuum cleaner is not going to scratch your floors. Or perhaps you have a combination of both hard floors and carpet in which case you need a good all-rounder vacuum cleaner. These days the best rated pet hair vacuum will do a great job on all floor types.
5. Do you want to use your vacuum to clean any other surfaces ?
Do you want to use your vacuum to clean anywhere else? Furniture, curtains or the car? Many of the top rated vacuums for pet hair come with a great pet hair vacuum attachment. Alternatively, you can buy separate devices to clean these other areas.
What are the different types of top vacuums for pet hair?
Ok so you have an idea of your individual household needs, now it’s time to consider the general features and differences between the top rated pet vacuums on the market.
Canister versus Upright Vacuums
Canister vacuums have a wheeled body and are pulled behind the user, whilst the Upright vacuums contain the suction head and canister all within the one device.
Once a upon time most people would say the best vacuum for pet owners was an upright vacuum. However, these days there are many top rated vacuums for pets that are canisters or even handheld vacuums. Performance is generally equal and typically depends upon the model you purchase.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of each:
- Offer more flexibility and maneuverability with the separate hose allowing the user to reach under couches and tables.
- Less control over the canister and more likely to bang into walls and furniture as you pull the vacuum behind you.
- Bulkier and need more space required to store.
- Great multi-purpose cleaner and great choice if you are after the best vacuum for dogs who shed a lot of hair.
- cover more area in less time and so are better suited to those with larger homes.
- Compact and easier to store.
- Ideal for those with back problems as the vacuum allows you to stand more upright as you clean.
- Difficult to clean under couches, tables in other areas like cars and staircases.
Keep reading for tips on the best upright vacuums for pet hair.
Bag versus Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
The difference here is pretty straight forward – a vacuum with a bag will keep the dirt and dust in but you will need to purchase bags for the vacuum. The bagless vacuum on the other hand has no bag, you simply empty the contents of the vacuum straight into the bin.
These stays many people are happy with the best bagless vacuum for pet hair, but there are still some people who prefer a bag to prevent dirt and dust escaping, in my opinion the little bit that does escape does not out way the convenience of not having to purchase bags. Of course if you suffer from any dust allergies you might want to consider a vacuum with a bag, given you are looking at the best vacuum for pet hair and allergies.
Corded versus Cordless
As to whether the corded vacuums or cordless vacuums are better, really comes down to your household circumstances and personal prefence. Consider the pros and cons of each below.
- Tend to have greater suction power given there is no battery inside leaving more room for a powerful motor.
- Not as portable as the cordless vacuums.
- The best cordless vacuums for pet hair are ultra portable, making it easy to carry down stairs or into the garage to clean the car.
- No need to unlugh and re-plug as you go around the house.
- Usually smaller so easier to store being ideal for those with limited space.
- Not as powerful as the corded models.
- Need to ensure the vacuum is fully charged before cleaning, is inconvenient if it runs out of battery during vacuuming.
- Can be heavier than corded vacuums due to containing a battery.
Keep reading for tips on the best cordless pet hair vacuum.
For those that don’t have a lot of time or require vacuum to be done daily, then a robot vacuum is great. Basically a robot vacuum, as the same suggest does the vacuuming for you automatically.
The robot vacuum is a fairly new invention, only being on the market for a few decades so there is still a lot of improvement to be had when it comes to the job these vacuums do. Some vacuums even claim to mop and sterilize the floor.
Handheld vacuums are ideal for those that want the ultimate portable vacuum or have limited space. Read any handheld cordless vacuum reviews and you will see that people with great quality ones just adore them. They are perfect for quick spot cleans, great to get into those smaller spaces, furniture, curtains and the car. They really can be the best vacuum for pets and their messes.
However, I would recommend a handheld vacuum to complement a larger vacuum rather than replace it. Keep reading for tips on the best handheld vacuums for pet hair.
Whilst the vacuum is the main attraction, these days the top rated vacuum cleaners for pet hair come with some great attachments and accessories.
Look out for the following handy attachments:
- Crevice tool – a thin, angled shaped tool which helps suck up dust and dirt from tight spots.
- Upholstery tool – with its wide base and fabric strip it helps clean your furniture and mattresses.
- Extension tool – designed to give you extra reach for getting into corners, ceilings or behind appliances.
- Dusting tool – Helps you brush areas prone to collecting dust, such as bookcases, blinds and windowsills.
- Hardwood floor brush tool – Especially helpful for removing dust from wooden and tiled floors.
- Beater Bar Brush / Brush Roll – This is generally fitted as standard in most uprights to enable a deep clean of your carpets but occasionally can be included as an attachment if the vacuum is intended for hardwood floors.
- Motorized brush head tool / power nozzle / power brush – Often supplied with the canister style and allow you to clean carpets and rugs like an upright model. Smaller versions are available too to help clean stairs, upholstery, car seats and mattresses. This basically acts as a vacuum brush for dogs.
Other features to consider when purchasing the best vacuum for animal hair
Above I have covered off on the different types of vacuums as well things you should consider regarding your personal circumstances, but here are a couple of last things to consider:
- Capacity – How often will you need to empty your vacuum? If you have a large home, you’ll want a large capacity, otherwise you’ll soon grow tired of emptying it every few minutes.
- Performance – What makes a vacuum the best dog hair vacuum is how well it sucks up the hair! When purchasing your vacuum, focus on the suction capabilities along with other features that will make the cleaning easier.
- HEPA Anti-allergen filtration – Many models now have a built-in HEPA air filter to clean the air of allergy causing particulates. The best vacuum for pet hair and allergies will have this feature.
- Warranty – If you are paying for a good vacuum for pets, you want a good length warranty for free repair or replacement just in case it does unfortunately break.
- Amazon pet vacuum reviews – don’t take my word for it, what are others saying about these top rated pet vacuums? When you find a vacuum you like head on over to Amazon and see what the majority of customers are saying about it. After all these are real independent people who have not only purchased the vacuum but have been using it. Even if you don’t intend to buy the vacuum from Amazon its worth checking out the various reviews to see what they recommend as a good vacuum for dog hair.
The Best Vacuum for Pet Hair 2017
The Best Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair
Whilst Shark has newer upright vacuum’s on the market, when looking for the best Shark pet hair vacuum, it is hard to beat this original Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum . So much so that we have rated this Shark pet vacuum cleaner has the best upright vacuum cleaner for pet hair.
This Shark vacuum is perfect for all floor types including carpets, wood floors, vinyl and tile. I love the controls on the handle making it so simple to switch from hard floor to carpet mode, which makes it a great choice if you want the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pet hair whilst still being fantastic on carpets.
It has a long reach hose which is usually only found on canister type vacuums so you can easily clean under furniture or reach up high and other hard to reach places. The hard floor hero Shark attachment snaps to a 180 degree position, which allows you to thoroughly clean right up to the area where the floor meets the baseboard. Whilst the TruePet motorized brush bar and Pet-Multi Tool gives your home a deep clean with minimal effort from the user. Read any of the Shark Rotator True Pet reviews and its clear to see that those who have purchased it just love it.
The suction level is absolutely astounding on the Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away True Pet. People say that a Dyson pet hair vacuum has the best suction, but for the price this is a winner. And it is so easy to maneuver with the dynamic swivel steering. It is also simple to change from an upright to a canister vacuum.
The Shark True Pet vacuum probably is a little heavy given there are so many light models out these days, however, I will let that slide given how amazing the suction is!!
Whilst this vacuum is one of the more expensive vacuums, it is an excellent investment and if you read the pet hair vacuum reviews, many say this is still the best Shark vacuum for pets.
- Shark’s original, full-sized Powered Lift-Away. A canister that detaches to deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning;
- Hard Floor Hero attachment. Picks up surface litter and stuck-on debris, providing superior bare floor cleaning;
- TruePet Motorized Brush and Pet-Multi Tool. Ultimate pet hair cleaning for all surfaces;
- Dynamic Swivel Steering – Shark’s advanced steering technology provides excellent control when maneuvering around furniture and other obstacles that may stand in your way;
- LED lights – Navigate dark corners and under furniture with LED lights on the handle and nozzle—you’ll be amazed by how much dirt and dust you’ve been missing;
- Fingertip Controls. Power On/Off and easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet Mode; and
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
See below for a comparison of the various available models in the Shark Light-Away Upright series.
If the previous Shark vacuum price tag is a bit on the hefty side, then another great option to consider is the Shark Navigator Lift Away Professional Upright Vacuum.
This shark vacuum for pets has a motorized brush which does a great job of getting in deep into the carpet and even has light indicator to let you know if the brush stops working for any reason due to a blockage or jam, which is fantastic if you are after the best vacuum for pet hair and carpet. It also comes with an attachment with a beater bar that is powered by suction. This is great for furniture or stairs and does a great job of sucking up all that pet hair from the couch.
The lift away canister which allows you to detach it from the base is fantastic making clearing things like stairs, blinds, ceilings etc really easy. It’s also reasonably light too which makes taking it from room to room a breeze.
Reading the Amazon reviews, people love a shark vacuum for pet hair and many say this is the best shark vacuum for pets.
- Lift – Away, press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas;
- Extra-large-capacity dust cup and a completely sealed system with a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens;
- With the Brushroll Shutoff button, you can easily switch between carpet and bare floor cleaning making it a great choice if you want the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pets, whilst still doing a great job on the carpets; and
- The Dust-Away hard floor attachment lets you pick up debris and dust your bare floors making it a great choice if you are looking for the best vacuum for pet hair and hardwood floors.
Check it out in action here:
There are other vacuums in the Shark Lift Away series, see below to compare the various models:
|Name||Navigator||Navigator Professional||Rotator Professional||Rotator Powered Speed||Rotator Powered TruePet||DuoClean|
|Product Weight||12.5 Pounds||13.7 Pounds||15.5 Pounds||13.2 Pounds||15.4 Pounds||15 Pounds|
|Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + HEPA||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Swivel Steering||Yes||Yes||Yes, with LED Lights||Yes, with LED Lights||Yes, with LED Lights||Yes, with LED Lights|
|Included Accessories||Dusting Brush, 5.5” Crevice Tool & 24” Bonus Crevice Tool||Dusting Brush, 8" Crevice Tool, Pet Power Brush & Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment with 2 Microfiber Pads||Dusting Brush, 12" Crevice Tool & Premium Pet Power Brush.||Duster Crevice, Pet Multi Tool & Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment with 1 Microfiber Pad||Hard Floor Hero, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush, Pet Multi-Tool & Duster Crevice Tool.||Pet Multi-Tool, Duster Crevice Tool, Pet Power Brush, Under Appliance Wand, Accessory Bag.|
|Bonus Tools||Wide Pet Upholstery Tool & Pet Power Brush||Accessory Bag||Straight Nozzle, Wide Upholstery Tool, Canister Caddy, Car Detail Kit, Under Appliance Wand & Dust-Away with 1 Microfiber Pad||Pet Power Brush, Home + Car Detail Kit, Canister Caddy & Dust-Away Pro Nozzle with 1 Microfiber Pad|
|Dust Cup Capacity||1.2 dry quarts||2.2 dry quarts||1.3 dry quarts||0.9 dry quarts||1.4 dry quarts||0.9 dry quarts|
|Hose and Cord Length||25 Feet||30 Feet||30 Feet||30 Feet||30 Feet||30 Feet|
|Cleaning Path Width||9.25 Inches||9.5 Inches||9.5 Inches||10.5 Inches||11.5 Inches||11.9 Inches|
Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair
This is one of the best rated vacuum for pets when it comes to performance as it is great on all floor surfaces, particularly on super plush carpets. It comes with a 3 level height adjustment so you can adjust it depending which floor type you are cleaning making it a great choice for those after not only a good vacuum for carpet but also the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pet hair. If you read any Electrolux el4335b review, you will see that pet owners rave about it. After reading many Electrolux Ultraflex canister vacuum reviews, there is a lot of talk about the Electrolux EL4335b vs EL4335a, but it appears the newer El4335B is the clear favourite for being one of the best canister vacuum cleaner for pet hair.
A feature which I love is the adjustable suction power. You can turn it up when you trying to get up all that pesky pet hair and reduce it when cleaning more delicate items like the couch or curtains. For a cheaper vacuum, the UltraFlex has great suction, making it possibly the best canister vacuum cleaner for pet hair for those with smaller budgets.
Like most of the best canister vacuums currently on the market, this vacuum cleaner is easy to maneuver around furniture, its reasonably lightweight and it has great cleaning reach with its 21 feet cord and 8 feet hose. You should have no trouble getting this vacuum up and down stairs.
The UltraFlex comes with attachments like a crevice tool for cleaning those tiny spaces, perfect for the car, and a upholstery nozzle and bare floor nozzle to make cleaning various surfaces a breeze. The bare floor nozzle is great on hard floor boards getting right into those corners.
Whilst this is a great option for those who don’t want to make the big outlay for the Dyson, I do have concerns that the attachments are cheaply made and will crack over time, but for a short term investment this is a great choice.
Other Features Include:
- Excellent performance on all floor types;
- On/Off brushroll switch and 3-level height adjustment;
- Patented self-cleaning brushroll removes tangles from the brushroll with the touch of a button;
- Motion Control System;
- 33 Foot Reach System;
- Premium HEPA Filter – Captures 99.97% of dust, allergens and other irritants for a cleaner home;
- Cyclonic Action;
- Slim bagless dust cup with bottom opening lets you easily empty the dust cup, reducing the amount of dust escaping into the air; and
- 5 Year Warranty.
Check it out in action:
If you are after the best canister vacuum cleaner, Electrolux has a great variety of canister vacuums, see below to compare the various models:
|EL4021A Silent Performer Cyclonic||EL4012A Silent Performer||EL4335B Ultra Flex||EL4015A Silent Performer||Ultraone Deluxe|
|Motor Power||1080 Watts||1200 Watts||1440 Watts||1440 Watts||1440 Watts|
|Dirt Containment||Bagless Cup||Filter Bag Style S||Bagless Cup||Filter Bag Style S||Filter Bag Style S|
|Self Cleaning Brushroll||No||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|3 in 1 Cleaning Tool & Deluxe Bare Floor Cleaning Tool||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bonus Motorized Upholstery Tool||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Filter Type||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter|
|Warranty||5 Year Limited||5 Year Limited||5 Year Limited||5 Year Limited||7 Year Limited|
If you are after a great canister vacuum but can’t afford a big outlay, then the Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover is a good alternative.
With pet owners in mind, Eureka have taken their standard Mighty Mite vacuum and improved on the design to bring the new and improved Pet Lover. It comes with a pet hair vacuum attachment that does a great job of picking up the pet hair and the beater brush does an excellent job getting fine pet hairs out of upholstery.
For a cheaper and smaller vacuum it still has great suction. Its super easy to move around the house with its light weight and long cord, this makes it a great choice for people who have trouble with heavier vacuums or need to carry it up and down stairs. However one thing I am not a fan off is how the cord doesn’t retract into the vacuum cleaner like some of the more expensive Eureka models.
The Eureka Mighty Mite is great on all floor surfaces including bare floors, stairs, the lounge and rugs. Like all good vacuums these days it comes with HEPA filtration which captures over 99.7% of dust and allergens which makes it a great choice when it comes to the best vacuum for pet hair on carpet and hard floors, particularly for allergy sufferers. It also has a dust bag which people with dust allergies will appreciate.
The Eureka Mighty Mite is another great budget choice if you are after one of the best canister vacuums for pet hair.
- A PET Power Paw, a crevice tool and a dual purpose dusting brush and upholstery nozzle easily remove pet hair from stairs, carpet and upholstery;
- HEPA filter captures 99.97 percent of dust and pet dander for a cleaner home;
- Arm & Hammer odor-eliminating dust bag eliminates pet odors and captures allergy-causing pet dander;
- 20-foot cord length, telescoping wand, crevice tool;
- Blower Port – Conveniently blows away dirt and debris to easily clean garages and outdoor spaces;
- Weighs less than 9 pounds; and
- 1-year limited warranty
Click here for the best prices for the Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover Canister Vacuum.Click here for the best prices for the Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover Canister Vacuum.
Best Handheld Vacuum for Pet Hair
The Bissel Bolt Pet is my pick when it comes to the best handheld vacuum for pet hair as it has been specifically designed with the pet owner in mind. It has fantastic suction, comes with specialized pet attachments and has up to 25 minutes of suction time.
This handheld vacuum is ideal on all floor surfaces and perfect for surfaces like bench tops, stairs, furniture and the car. This is the best car vacuum for dog hair!!
I really like the clear debris container so I can see exactly what I am picking up and no when its getting close to being full.
One thing to watch for is both the power button and the release button for the debris container are right next to each other, so it is possible to release the container by mistake. The debris container is quite large which I like.
Other Features include:
- Specially designed pet tools make pet clean up easier;
- Long lasting cordless power with lithium-ion technology with up to 25 minutes of run time;Price Disclaimer
- Extra large dirt bin – with 0.6L capacity, empty less between cleans;
- Clean Turn Filtration helps release debris from the filter for easier empty;
- Battery power lights tell you battery level and charging progress;
- Crevice Tool with dusting brush helps clean hard to reach places; and
- Rubber teeth help pickup pet hair from upholstery and carpet.
Bissell has a variety of hand held vacuums, see below to compare the various models:
|Pet Hair Eraser||Bissell 2133 Bolt Pet||Bissell Multi Cordless|
|Run Time||15 Minutes||25 Minutes||15 Minutes|
|Battery Type||Nickle-Metal Hydride||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion|
|Battery Voltage||14.4 Volts||16 Volts||22 Volts|
|Capacity||0.6 Liters||0.6 Liters||0.4 Liters|
|Charge & Power Lights||No||Yes||Yes|
|Motorized Brush Tool||Yes||No||No|
|Tools Stored On-Board||No||No||Yes|
|Tools Included||Motorized Brush Tool, Crevice Tool, Upholstery Tool||Pet Hair Nozzle Tool, Crevice Tool||Motorized Brush Tool, Extension Hose, Crevice Tool, Extension Wand|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited||1 Year Limited||1 Year Limited|
The Hoover Air Handheld Vacuum is a fantastic vacuum for cleaning up every day pet without having to pull out the main vacuum.
This handheld vacuum comes with a 20-volt Lithium ion battery which gives it great performance.
The motorized pet upholstery tool is great for picking up those obvious pet hairs from furniture and you can even take it out to the car, whilst the crevice tool is awesome for getting into tight spots. I really loved the amount of power this little vacuum has – it’s absolutely the best vacuum for pet hair on furniture.
The other thing I love is that with the fade free battery technology, the vacuum performs great until the battery is completely flat. There is even a handy LED gauge letting you know how much power is left and whether you need to charge it.
Of course, with any handheld vacuums the downside is that they only for a short time and they do take some time to charge up again. This handheld vacuum takes around 9 hours to charge and has a running time of 15 minutes.
Other features include:
- Lightweight design weighs less than 4 lbs. so you can go from room-to-room with ease – perfect for those looking for the best lightweight vacuum for pet hair;
- 20 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery – powerful performance without the hassle of a cord;
- Fade-Free Battery Technology delivers fade-free power for the entire life of the battery;
- Powered Turbo Tool powerfully picks up hair on furniture and stairs; and
- Reusable Easy Rinse Filter can be cleaned under running water for long-lasting use.
This handheld vacuum comes in a stick combo also, see below for details:
|Name||Air Cordless 2-in-1 Deluxe||Air Cordless|
|Interchangeable 20V LithiumLife battery system||Yes||Yes|
|Battery type||Compact LithiumLife Battery Extended Runtime||Compact LithiumLife Battery Extended Runtime|
|Run time||15 Minutes||15 Minutes|
|Charge time||9 Hours||9 Hours|
|Battery warranty||2 years||2 years|
|Product warranty||2 years||2 years|
|Vacuum type||Stick and handheld vacuum with turbo tool||Handheld vacuum
|Product Weight||6.9 Pounds||6.9 Pounds|
Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair
What is the best cordless vacuum for pet hair? I think the Hoover BH50010 and the Shark True Pet vacuum are perfect – keep reading for more information.
If you are after the best cordless vacuum for pet hair, or more specifically the best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair, then look no further than the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum. This is a fantastic choice for those wanting a great performing vacuum but also one that is portable and of course those who are looking for the best cordless handheld vacuum for pet air.
This Hoover vacuum is perfect for all floor surfaces and is easily adjusted. The Hoover BH50010 has great suction for heaver duty performance which makes it a great choice for anyone after the best vacuum for dog hair.
One of the negatives with cordless vacuums is when they run out of power mid job, but the Hoover allows you to swap the deleted battery for a fully charged battery so you can get on with the job. Unfortunately it only comes with 1 battery though, so another Hoover linx battery will set you back extra cash.
The battery gauge tells you how much charge is left, so you always know when you need to charge it up. The fade free battery ensures maximum performance each time – its awesome battery life is regularly mentioned in Hoover Linx cordless stick vacuum reviews. In addition, the Energy Star charger makes for shorter charging time.
This is perhaps the best stick vacuum for pet hair on the market. Read any Hoover Linx BH50010 review and you will see many pet owners consider it the best cordless vacuum for dog hair and pet hair alike.
Other features include:
- Powered Brushroll with WindTunnel Technology – Lift deep down dirt from carpet to hard floors;
- Initiuitve Power Controls – Conveniently positioned where they should be—right at your fingertips;
- Battery Fuel Gauge – Instantly see how much battery life Linx has left;
- Edge Cleaning Bristles – Edge-to-edge cleaning gives you closer access to walls and corners;
- Wide Cleaning Path – Cover more surface area and shorten cleaning time;
- Bottom Release Dirt Cup – Get a hassle-free clean up without getting your hands dirty;
- LINX Cordless Fade-Free** Lithium-Ion Battery System – interchangeable battery with charger;
- Low Profile Base – fits under counter edges and furniture; and
- 2 year warranty.
Check it out in action here:
If your looking for the best Shark vacuum for pet hair, look no further than the Shark Navigator Freestyle, many say it is the best cordless vacuum cleaner for pet hair.
The Shark Navigator is ideal on all floor surface types with great suction. The 2 speed brushroll is fantastic for lifting embedded pet hair from carpets. It also comes with 2 settings for suction power so you can reduce for cleaning more delicate items.
Being lightweight and cordless means its fantastically portable and its great maneuvering around furniture with the swivel steering, making it a great choice if your looking for the best lightweight vacuum for pet hair.
This vacuum seems to outrun any other stick on the market with Shark claiming it will last between 4 to 6 hours before needing to be recharged making this Shark vacuum for pet hair a great choice if you need something to last the distance.
Other features include:
- Perfect for carpet and bare floors;
- Rechargeable cordless convenience;
- 2 Speed brush roll;
- Strong suction;
- Extended run time;
- Extra large cup for dirt and debris; and
- Top and bottom empty design makes it easy to empty without touching the dirt.
Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair
If you are after the best robot vacuum for dog hair in the mid range, then check out the great performing Neato Botvac Connected Wi-Fi enabled vacuum. I just love robot vacuums, they are the best vacuums for pet hair if you don’t want to personally do the work!
The Neato Botvac is perfect for all floor types and cleans room to room. There are 2 settings on the Neato Botvac, so when you are at home you can use the quieter Eco mode or the louder turbo mode which gives a super powered clean for maximum pet hair pick up. This vacuum will even pick up pet hair from plush carpet and throw rugs thanks to its huge wheels and birshrull designed for digging deep into carpets.
In the past a consistent complaint regarding the robot vacuums was their inability to get right into the corners. The Neato Botvac is D shape designed with CornerClever technology meaning it can clean right up close walls and into corners.
Like all the quality vacuums these days the Neato Botvac comes with Li-ion batteries meaning you have great performance right until the battery is fully depleted. It even automatically recharges itself!
You can hook the Neato Botvac up to Alexa and Google Home Assistance so you can use voice control. You can even control this vacuum from your smartphone and tell it to start cleaning even if you aren’t at home!
The vacuum is relatively easy to set up and I absolutely love that when the vacuum runs out of charge, it will return itself to the station to be charged and then once good to go again it returns itself right back to the very place it finished.
Check out the Neato Botvac connected Amazon reviews and you will see people love it and are saying its the best vacuum for hair shed from their pets.
Other features include:
- Perfect for all floor types;
- Wi-Fi connected for ultimate control also works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant so you can voice control it;
- D-Shape design to clean close to walls and into corners;Price Disclaimer
- LaserSmart mapping and navigation with real-time object detection scans and maps the room, plans, and methodically cleans-instead of just bumping around;
- Eco & Turbo mode — you choose. Eco gives a longer, quieter energy-saving clean. Turbo provides a super-powered cleaning-with maximum hair pickup;
- Detects furniture and objects and navigates around them;
- Returns to base to automatically recharge;
- Main brush spans front of robot to achieve an efficient, wide cleaning path; and
- Cleans an area of up to 5000 square feet in 120- 360 minutes in Eco mode.
Check it out in action:
The Neato Botvac also comes in the following models:
|Name||Neato Botvac D3||Neato Botvac D80||Neato Botvac D5||Neato Botvac Connected|
|Neato app / Wi-Fi||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Brushes||Combo Brush||Spiral Blade Brush, Combo Brush, Side Brush||Combo Brush, Side Brush||Spiral Blade Brush, Combo Brush, Side Brush
|SmartLife||Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Facebook Chatbot||No||Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Facebook Chatbot||Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Facebook Chatbot|
|Filter||Standard||High performance||Ultra Performance||Ultra Performance|
|Battery||Lithium-ion||NiMh||High Capacity Lithium-ion||High Capacity Lithium-ion
|Area Cleaned 1 cycle = 3 cleaning runs||Up to 1800 sq. ft. (60 min / 180 min)||Up to 3000 sq. ft. (60 min / 180 min)||Up to 4500 sq. ft (90 min / 270 min)||Up to 5000 sq. ft. (120 min / 360 min Eco)
If you are after something a little less expensive than the Neato Botvac, then the IRobot Roomba 690 is a good alternative and has many of the same features. This is a new and improved version of the Roomba 650.
The Roomba 690 is perfect for all floor types and will automatically adjust between carpet, rugs, tile, hardwood and laminate floors. It has a full suite of sensors which helps it easily navigate around and under furniture and along wall edges and corners.
The patented 3-stage cleaning system loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt, dust, pet hair and can even pick up large debris items like cereal from your floors.
The Roomba 690 runs for up to 60 minutes before automatically returning to its Home Base to recharge itself.
Other features include:
- Perfect for all floor types;
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App; compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant;iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard FloorsPrice Disclaimer
- 3-stage cleaning system loosens, lifts, & suctions dirt, dust, pet hair and large debris like cereal;
- Navigates to clean under furniture and around clutter;
- Built on the proven Roomba 650 robot platform, now with Wi-Fi connectivity and an updated design; and
- Cleans all floor types; includes 1 Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier to manage where your robot cleans. Virtual Wall mode keeps your robot in the rooms you want cleaned and out of the ones you don’t. Halo mode keeps your robot away from items you want to protect.
Check it out in action:
The Roomba Robot Vacuum also comes in the following models:
|Name||iRobot Roomba 614||iRobot Roomba 690||iRobot Roomba 890||iRobot Roomba 960||iRobot Roomba 980|
|Patented 3-Stage Cleaning||Yes||Yes||5 x the power||5x the power||10 x the power|
|Run Time||60 Minutes||60 Minutes||60 Minutes||75 Minutes||120 minutes|
|Wi-Fi Connected||No||Yes||Yes||Enhanced App||Enhanced App|
|Recharge and Resume||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Custom Cleaning Preferences||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Deeper Cleaning on Carpets||No||No||No||No||Yes|
My Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.