Cordless vacuums have come along way in recent years and many people are swapping over their uprights and canisters for the ultimate in portability.
As to whether the corded vacuums or cordless vacuums are better, really comes down to your household circumstances and personal preference. Consider the pros and cons of each below.
- Tend to have greater suction power given there is no battery inside leaving more room for a powerful motor.
- Not as portable as the cordless vacuums.
- Portable, making it easy to carry down stairs or into the garage to clean the car.
- No need to unlugh and re-plug as you go around the house.
- Usually smaller so easier to store being ideal for those with limited space.
- Not as powerful as the corded models.
- Need to ensure the vacuum is fully charged before cleaning, is inconvenient if it runs out of battery during vacuuming.
- Can be heavier than corded vacuums due to containing a battery.
My current pick for the best upright vacuum for pet Hair is the Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Vacuum. You can read my full review here.
My Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.